1. A workshop on “Gender Sensitization” was organized at SMS Lucknow on 24th October,
2019 under the aegis of IQAC initiative.
The workshop was conducted by Ms Renu Mishra, Executive Director, AALI NGO and Dr. Vinod Chandra, Executive Secretary, AALI NGO and was aimed at creating awareness about gender through a series of lectures and interactive programmes for faculties & staff of SMS Lucknow.
The sessions threw light on the ubiquity of gender, how individuals knowingly and unknowingly participated in perpetuating gender stereotypes and its preventive measures.
2. Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights was conducted as an IQAC initiative by Mr. Rupendra Porwal, Managing Partner, Rally Mark Legal on 11th May, 2019 at SMS Lucknow.
3. B.Tech.-CS/EC/EN 2019 batch participated in a 2 day workshop on "Roots to Wings" conducted by HCL on 03rd & 04th Nov. 2018, the workshop imparted on training related to development, database & client handling".
4. A one day workshop on KOHA & Library Automation was conducted on October 12, 2018 at School of Management Sciences, Lucknow by National Virtual Library of India (NVLI), IIT Bombay, funded by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
5. On behalf of School of Management Sciences, Lucknow, Prof. Bharat Raj Singh, Director General (Technical) attended the Workshop on Higher Education Leadership and Management, which was organized by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR) at New Delhi Institute of Management, Tughlakabad, on 6th October, 2018.
6. 3rd year students of ECE branch, SMS Lucknow, participated in 2 days workshop on Robotics at Amity University, Lucknow from 26th to 27th September, 2018. The workshop was conducted by Engineering Forum.
7. Three days workshop on MATLAB at SMS-IET Lucknow, was conducted from 30th August to 01st September 2018.
8. SMS Lucknow organized workshop on Data processing & MS Office on 9th June, 2018 at SMS Lucknow campus.
9. Students of Diploma Mechanical 3rd year participated in AUTO-CAD workshop from 12th April, 2018 to 11th May, 2018.
10. SMS Lucknow successfully organized a one day workshop of “Dr. Kalam Startup Parikrama-7th Edition-a state-wide effort to foster entrepreneurship and help startups”, under aegis of Kalam Centre for innovation & Incubation of Startups(K-CIIS), Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in collaboration with TEQIP-III on the theme “Entrepreneurship: Creativity Meets Opportunity” at college campus on 23rd March, 2018, in support of Government of UP.
11. Students of SMS Lucknow Participated in a workshop on “Bridge Designing” organized by IIT-BHU,Varanasi(Technex-18) on Feb 10, 2018.
12. SMS Lucknow hosted a 2-hour long workshop on StartAb in collaboration with Facebook and Josh talks on 21st November, 2017.
13. Ms. Ritu Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of ECE organized a workshop on “Effect of Mobile Radiation" presented by Ravikant Gupta, Senior Manager, Reliance Info System on Nov.17,2017.
14. Mr. Azhar Ansari, Assistant professor, Department of ECE Organized a workshop on “IOT & Data Analysis” presented by Vivek Kumar, Blue Heart Lab Pvt. Ltd. on 02nd Nov, 2017.
15. Department of computer science and engineering organized a workshop on ‘Python’ by Logic Pro Info Systems on 30th October 2017.
16. A ‘Personality Training & Assessment Workshop’ was organized for PGDM and MBA First Semester Students at SMS, Lucknow by ABBSCISSA HR Consultancy, New Delhi on 22nd September 2017.
17. The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department Successfully organized a one day workshop on the theme “Embedded & Robotics” at SMS-IET Lucknow, on 1st April ,2017.
18. Computer Science Department has organized a 45 hrs. workshop on ASP.Net with MVC for CS 3rd year and CS 4th year students by the company Nova Edge Software Pvt. Ltd.
1. A 7 Days Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Learning Outcomes & Research Methods” was organized by SMS Lucknow in association with Lucknow Management Association & Association of Knowledge Workers Lucknow, (AKWL) from 13th -19th January 2020, More than 50 faculties from different Universities, Institutions and Organizations attended the FDP. Inaugural session Prof. Sabyasachi Sinha from IIM Lucknow conducted session on Case Method in Teaching. Technical session on ‘why and how of research’ was conducted by Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Joshi from Amity University. Dr. Dheeraj Mehrotra, Academic Evangelist & National Awardee, conducted a session on the use of technology in teaching.
During the 7 days FDP eminent speakers from different Universities/ Institutions and organization including Prof. Sanjay Medhavi, Head – Business Administration, Lucknow University, Dr. Shailesh Kaushal, University of Lucknow, Prof. (Dr.) Massod Siddiqui, Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow, (Dr.) BR Singh, DG (Tech.) SMS – Lucknow, Dr. Urooj A Siddiqui, Mr. Satyajeet Asthana and Dr. Mahendra Srivastava had sessions on different topics.
During the valedictory session, Prof. (Dr.) Sushil Kumar from IIM Lucknow discussed how teachers should be making themselves more focused and inspiring in today’s challenging days. Dr. Rajan Johari talked on Contemporary Trends in Outcome based Teaching & Research and Mr. LK Jhunjunwala , President of AKWL shared his life experiences in the role of teachers in education and industry.
2. Workshop/ FDP was conducted by Prof, Bhagwan Fagwani, GHS Institute of Management & Research, Kanpur on the topic "Outcome Based Education”, on 12th January, 2019 at SMS Lucknow.
3. Prof. Rajendra Prasad Srivastava, Professor at University of Kansas, U.S.A. visited SMS Lucknow on 3rd January 2019 and delivered an Expert Lecture on “Textual Analysis of Companies Annual Reports & Management Fraud Risk Assessment Models".
Dr. Srivastava explained the nuances of various management fraud risk assessment models through practical demonstration of different company’s annual reports and also deliberated on how text can be used as an effective tool in overcoming such situation.
4. Quality education is a consequence of competent faculty with an appropriate technology. In this direction, SMS Lucknow organized a Faculty Development Programme on “Teaching Methodologies: A Quality Perspective” at the college premises on 8th -10th December, 2018 in order to ensure quality education and encourage research.
The Inaugural session began with lighting of lamp and garlanding the statue of Goddess Saraswati by the dignitaries.
Prof (Dr.) M. Mehrotra, Director, SMS Lucknow delivered the welcome address and emphasized upon the need of unlearning and learning through FDP sessions.
Dr. Dheeraj Mehrotra, Academic Evangelist, Next Education India Pvt Ltd. in his address deliberated on TQM in Education. He also emphasized that teachers should make learning a habit, rather occasional occurant and they should also enrich their ORM (online reputation Management).
Prof (Dr) Rajiv Manohar, University of Lucknow in his address to the participants highlighted on UGC regulation 2010 & Academic Performance Index.
Prof (Dr) Ajai Prakash, University of Lucknow in his address deliberated on Case Study Methodology.
On second day, Dr. Vijay Prakash Anand, Jaipuriya briefed on Teaching Methodologies: E Learning Techniques and elaborated on various Teaching Methods.
The major focus of the FDP was on upgrading the teaching skills of Management & Engineering faculty so as to acquaint them with recent developments in teaching methods. The FDP also enabled participants to develop competence in Management & Engineering education.