The Mechanical Engineering discipline is designed to provide analytical and experimental skills required for a wide variety of careers in Mechanical Engineering and also in other multi-disciplinary areas like Materials Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental pollution control, Computer sciences, Robotics and Management. The Department offers academic programs at two levels leading to Bachelor of Technology and Diploma Engineering (Production). Department offers variety of discipline electives and covers most of the modern technologies. It has state of the art laboratories to provide hands on experiences and support research activities. The department has highly dedicated, competent and experienced faculty.
To be a center of excellence by producing high caliber mechanical engineers and technologists, who possess scientific temperament and would engage in design, manufacturing and research in thermal, production and design field.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is committed to:
– Provide efficient engineers for global requirements by imparting quality education
– Create, explore and develop innovations in the fields of Design, Thermal and Production
– Enhance the skills of young minds so as to become globally competitive with entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
The department of Mechanical Engineering at SMS Institute of Engineering and Technology Lucknow focuses on comprehensive course curriculum with intense practical exposure and strong industry connect to students which will enable them to take up challenging roles in professional careers.
Our initiatives are aimed to transform education and build careers of our students with whole hearted acceptance from industries across the nation. We give equal emphasis on fundamental studies, practical exposure and industrial orientation. With the rapid rate of expansion in the industrial sector after successful completion of Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production), the students are employed in a wide range of exciting industries.
Laboratories are well equipped with modern facilities and specialized software, provide state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and advanced research.
• Mechanics Lab
• Graphics Lab
• Fluid Mechanics Lab
• Material Science and Testing Lab
• Thermodynamics Lab
• Machine Design Lab
• Measurement and Metrology Lab
• Manufacturing Technology Lab
• Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
• Fluid Machinery Lab
• Theory of Machine Lab
• Internal Combustion Engine and Automobile Lab
• Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing Lab
• Project Lab
Value Aided Course:
• Employment Enhancement Program (EEP)
• EEP- Technical
• Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
• Design software : AUTOCAD, PROE, SOLIDWORKS, CATIA,
• Analysis software : ANSYS, MATLAB
1. MECHERA - Collegiate Club, Department of Mechanical Engineering SMS IT, Lucknow. Annualy the participation in the Club activities, results in:
• Improved creativity
• Expanding the network of connections
• Cross-Cultural Understanding
Co-ordinator: Mr. Dheeraj Kumar
2. Participation and winning of II and III prizes by students of IV year ME in the Science Exhibition on 19-21 November 2018 at Regional Science City, Lucknow.
3. Guest Lecture on “Nano-materials and Micro-manufacturing “delivered by Dr. Andrew Rees, Head Department of Mechanical Engineering, Swansea University, Swansea , Wales, U.K. was organized on 21 November 2018 by the department.
4. FDP(101x & 201x) by IIT Bombay from 13 September 2018 to 29 November 2018 attended by the departmental faculty. Coordinator Mr Anoop K Singh
5. Two day FDP/Workshop on “Teaching Methodologies : A Quality perspective” on 8-10 December 2018 delivered by various experts was attended by the departmental faculty.
6. Workshop on Automobile & IC Engines and its application conducted by IIT Varanasi on 6-7 October 2018 attended by ME II year ME III year students.
7. In the Odd semester 2018, NPTEL certification in Non-Conventional Energy Resources (NCER) conducted by IIT Chennai received by Adhir Tandon (HOD ME) and NPTEL certification and Gold Medal by Mr. Pankaj Yadav in Operations Research (OR)
8. Two day - All India Seminar on “Sources of Planet Energy, Environmental & Disaster Science: Climatic Disturbances & Its Global Impact” (SPEEDS – 2018) on 24 - 25 November 2018 attended by the Faculty of the department
9. A group of Third year and Second year students from Mechanical Engineering Department along with two faculty members Mr. Anoop Singh and Mr. Aditya Yadav visited the Reliance Industries, Barabanki, Lucknow on 3 October 2018.
Department of Mechanical Engineering