The department strives for procuring rudimentary but indispensible training & knowledge in the domain of Engineering and that of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to chisel & garb the entrants from being seared and regressed. Moreover, honing their dexterity is pedestal for carving them to take leap into their arenas without being pressed for discomfort. The ambience of the department is decked with competitive and congenial aura that contributes mentorship to the students to delve and embark a new voyage into their core contents. Laboratories of Physics and Chemistry are installed with practical exposure providing them complete composure with the equipments complementing their theoretical knowledge and training. The Communication Lab at the department also amplifies the development of students with rows of activities on Comprehension & Listening, Role Plays; Videos on Group Discussions & Interviews etc.
The department screws up and canvasses a foreground for the future engineers by riveting in them elementary information significant for fabricating especially at the time of applying for Public and Private sector jobs.
To merge as a world-class hub of scientific development and research that creates an academic pursuit and disseminates knowledge with high standards in Humanities, Basic and Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology.
To provide state of the art research environment for young minds to pursue a career in advanced areas of Basic Sciences and its Applications in Engineering Technology, enhancing quantitative reasoning and employability skills.
● To expose to the primary areas and the central ideas of contemporary Science and English (as well as their applications).
● To develop the skills of rigorous analytic reasoning along with a set of useful Problem-solving skills and strategies.
● To apply scientific and logical concepts to new situations.
● To develop the ability to transfer different types of thinking and reasoning to real-life situations.
The enhanced curriculum and assessment ensure the students to attain proficiency in subjects.
Basic sciences are still having a wide range of scope and opportunities. Basic sciences and English are applicable in almost all the technologies. While the objective of Applied Science is limited and specific, that of Basic Sciences is wide ranging. Applied Science uses the facts and proved theories of Basic Science and uses them for the development of mankind in a practical way.
ABOUT PHYSICS LAB:
Engineering Physics teaches the application of modern physics concepts geared towards the engineering. It inculcates the students into new technological advances. Laboratory activities are designed to engage students’ minds, so that students may acquire skill and confidence in their measurement of physical quantities with appropriate accuracy.
EQUIPMENTS @ PHYSICS LAB:
• Newton’s Rings
• Half Shade Polarimeter
• Fresnel’s Bi-prism
• Diffraction grating
• Nodal Slide Arrangement
• Carey Foster’s Bridge
• Stefan’s law
• Viscosity apparatus
• Energy Band Gap
• Tangent Galvanometer
• Digital Helmholtz Galvanometer
• Ballistic Galvanometer
• Set up of L-C-R characteristics
• Set up of P-N / Zener Characteristics
• Set up of N-P-N / P-N-P Characteristics
• Set up of Photo Diode Characteristics
ABOUT CHEMISTRY LAB:
The lab is aptly prepared to impart experiments in Chemistry. It is neatly designed and has spacious, well-ventilated laboratory with a capacity to accommodate more than 30 students. The lab is aesthetically designed with polished ceramics tiles, separate balance room and chemical store room. It provides students with a practical approach towards various techniques used in engineering application. Practical awareness is inculcated and students are trained both quantitatively and qualitatively during the lab sessions so that, their understanding towards chemical reactions can be enhanced.
EQUIPMENTS @ CHEMISTRY LAB:
• pH meter
• Photo Calorimeter
• Hot plate
• Digital Balance
• Analytical Balance
• Digital Oven
ABOUT COMMUNICATION LAB:
Language Lab aims at developing L S R W skills in students through: Group Activities, Pairing of Students for Interactive Sessions, Exercises on Comprehension and Listening, Role Plays, Situational Conversation Exercises and Videos of Group Discussions and Interviews etc.
EQUIPMENTS @ COMMUNICATION LAB:
The Lab is equipped with a software named: ORELL DIGITAL LANGUAGE LAB that incorporates:
• One Instructor Module
• Student Module
• Software CD
• Headphones with Mikes
• Web Camera (1 nos. with a CD)
• Integrated English Language Learning Materials and Exercises (5000 Hours)
PRACTICAL SESSIONS @ COMMUNICATION LAB:
• Exercises on Errors in Speaking.
• Grammar Exercises.
• Writing of E-Mail, Curriculum Vitae & Letters
• Handling Telephone Calls.
• Public Speaking.
• Job Interviews.
• Learning through Cartoons, Music, Games, Fun. Stories, Situations, Activities, and Discussions etc.
● Every year an International/ All India Seminar --“Sources of Planet Energy, Environmental & Disaster Science: Climatic Disturbances & Its Global Impact” (SPEEDS), is organized by Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences under the aegis of Mr. Sharad Singh (Ceo and Secretary SMS, Lucknow), Prof. B.R. Singh (DGT) and Prof. Manoj Mehrotra (Director SMS, Lucknow) progressing towards more exposure of faculty and students towards awareness and research by gathering of peers to exchange thoughts and opinions.
● The first exposure of students to NPTEL programmes start from 1st year of their study in any programme. Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences takes care of it.
Dr. P.K. Singh
Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org