The department strives for procuring rudimentary but indispensible training & knowledge in the domain of Engineering and that of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to chisel & garb the entrants. Moreover, honing their skill is helps in carving them to take leap into their arenas. The ambience of the department is filled with competitive and congenial aura that contributes mentorship to the students to in a new voyage into their core area. Laboratories of Physics and Chemistry are installed with practical exposure providing them complete composure with the equipments complementing their theoretical knowledge and training. The Communication Lab at the department also amplifies the development of students with activities on Comprehension & Listening, Role Plays; Videos on Group Discussions & Interviews etc.
The department canvasses a foreground for the future engineers by them grounding elementary information significant at the time of applying for Public and Private sector jobs.
To merge as a world-class hub of scientific development and research that creates an academic pursuit and disseminates knowledge with high standards in Humanities, Basic and Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology.
To provide state of the art research environment for young minds to pursue a career in advanced areas of Basic Sciences and its Applications in Engineering Technology, enhancing quantitative reasoning and employability skills.
● To expose the student's primary areas and the central ideas of contemporary Science and English (as well as their applications).
● To develop the skills of rigorous analytic reasoning along with a set of useful Problem-solving skills and strategies.
● To apply scientific and logical concepts to new situations.
● To develop the ability to transfer different types of thinking and reasoning in real-life situations.
The enhanced curriculum and assessment ensure the students attain proficiency in subjects.
Basic sciences are still having a wide range of scope and opportunities. Basic sciences and English are applicable in almost all the technologies. While the objective of Applied Science is limited and specific, that of Basic Sciences is wide ranging. Applied Science uses the facts and proved theories of Basic Science and uses them for the development of mankind in a practical way.
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engg. Specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences.
PO3:The engineer and society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO4:Environment and sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO6:Individual and team work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
HAS Course Outcome
B.Tech HAS Syllabus
ABOUT PHYSICS LAB:
Engineering Physics teaches the application of modern physics concepts geared towards the engineering. It inculcates the students into new technological advances. Laboratory activities are designed to engage students’ minds, so that students may acquire skill and confidence in their understanding of physical concepts.
EQUIPMENTS @ PHYSICS LAB:
• Newton’s Rings
• Half Shade Polarimeter
• Fresnel’s Bi-prism
• Diffraction grating
• Nodal Slide Arrangement
• Carey Foster’s Bridge
• Stefan’s law
• Viscosity apparatus
• Energy Band Gap
• Tangent Galvanometer
• Digital Helmholtz Galvanometer
• Ballistic Galvanometer
• Set up of L-C-R characteristics
• Set up of P-N / Zener Characteristics
• Set up of N-P-N / P-N-P Characteristics
• Set up of Photo Diode Characteristics
ABOUT CHEMISTRY LAB:
The lab is aptly prepared to impart experiments in Chemistry. The chemistry lab is neatly designed and has spacious, well-ventilated space with a capacity to accommodate more than 30 students. It is aesthetically designed with polished ceramics tiles, separate balance room and chemical store room. It provides students with a practical approach towards various techniques used in engineering application. Practical awareness is inculcated and students are trained both quantitatively and qualitatively during the lab sessions so that, their understanding towards chemical reactions may be enhanced.
EQUIPMENTS @ CHEMISTRY LAB:
• pH meter
• Photo Calorimeter
• Hot plate
• Digital Balance
• Analytical Balance
• Digital Oven
ABOUT COMMUNICATION LAB:
Language Lab aims at developing L S R W skills in students through: Group Activities, Pairing of Students for Interactive Sessions, Exercises on Comprehension and Listening, Role Plays, Situational Conversation Exercises and Videos of Group Discussions and Interviews are intented to enhance the oral communication skill of students.
EQUIPMENTS @ COMMUNICATION LAB:
The Lab is equipped with a software named: ORELL DIGITAL LANGUAGE LAB that incorporates:
• One Instructor Module
• Student Module
• Software CD
• Headphones with Mikes
• Web Camera (1 nos. with a CD)
• Integrated English Language Learning Materials and Exercises (5000 Hours)
PRACTICAL SESSIONS @ COMMUNICATION LAB:
• Exercises on Errors in Speaking.
• Grammar Exercises.
• Writing of E-Mail, Curriculum Vitae & Letters
• Handling Telephone Calls.
• Public Speaking.
• Job Interviews.
• Learning through Cartoons, Music, Games, Fun. Stories, Situations, Activities, and Discussions etc.
● Every year an International/ All India Seminar --“Sources of Planet Energy, Environmental & Disaster Science: Climatic Disturbances & Its Global Impact” (SPEEDS), is organized by Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences under the aegis of Mr. Sharad Singh (Ceo and Secretary SMS, Lucknow), Prof. B.R. Singh (DGT) and Prof. Manoj Mehrotra (Director SMS, Lucknow) progressing towards more exposure of faculty and students towards awareness and research by gathering of peers to exchange ideas and opinions.
● The first exposure of students to NPTEL programmes start from 1st year of their study in any programme. Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences takes care of that program.
Dr. P.K. Singh
Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org