Electronics & Communication may sounds two different disciplines but they go hand ‘n’ glove as for as pace of modern technological era is concerned. It is one of the branches of engineering that finds its vital application in every technological aspect. It creates a path for making a bright career in an ever changing and expanding industry sector. The Department proclaims and dissipates necessary core competency of long term engineering and entrepreneurship by the design of underlying hardware & software systems of telecommunications and electronics sectors keeping abreast with the need of industrial visits and exposures for procuring and enriching pragmatic engineering knowledge. The syllabi of the department are riveted in such a frame that caters to the latest student centric learning methodologies to excel in their profession. The state of art infrastructure and fully furnished classrooms and laboratories of the department carves out the best & congenial environment for learning.
Value Added Courses
The value added courses helps in boosting their skills in designing
electronics circuits at both hardware and software levels and enhance their
capacity for providing strong foundation to analyze, synthesize and design
engineering products, processes and systems as desired.
Our Value Added Courses are
• Compulsory workshops on latest technologies: Department conducts workshops on courses like MATLAB, IOT, and Robotics etc to enhance students technical skills to make pace with recent technological world.
• EEP (Employability Enhancement program) courses: this program is in-built with regular curriculum. This is of two types:
• The EEP-technical: This course is conducted along with regular curriculum. The syllabus of this course is based on competitive examinations like GATE. The EEP-technical course helps departmental students to qualify GATE and various PSU examinations.
• EEP-PD: This course helps to enhance the overall personality developments of students by boosting their communication skills and enhancing their capacity in verbal and non-verbal Reasoning and Aptitude. This course is helpful to students in interview and written examination of various companies in campus placement drive.
• Guest lectures and hands-on trainings- provides the students to get equipped with inter-disciplinary skills, hence to exhibit the spirit of tolerance and understanding most essential for team work in multi- disciplinary environments
The department is enriched with various types of basic level and advanced level laboratories providing hands-on training and thus encouraging students to do various practical and build major and minor projects. The alumni of the department are well placed in core companies and MNCs.
Department has classified laboratories as:
Basic Labs :
• Electronics Device Lab
• PCB & Workshop Lab
• Digital Electronics Lab
• Electronic Circuits Lab
• Logic Design Lab
• Electronics Measurement Lab
• Integrated Circuit Lab
• OC & N Lab
• Control System Lab
• Microprocessors & Controller Lab
• Microwave & Antenna Lab
• Communication Lab I & II
• CAD of Electronics Lab
• Project Lab
Department organizes various other extracurricular and other activities
under the ages of Departmental forum named “Techroadies” that is required
for overall personality development of the students. Few activities are:
1. Publication of Department: Annual magazine “Electronic Spectra”. All the articles of this magazine written & Edited by students only. This will enhance the writing and editing capability of students.
2. “SPEEDS” The International seminar: Every year Engineering wing of the institute organizes two days international seminar ‘SPEED’ in which students are encouraged to present their research paper on latest technologies.
3. Extracurricular Activities: Student organizes interdepartmental competition under the aegis of Departmental forum on regular basis. Which helps in overall growth of the students? Some activities like group discussion, Debate etc.
Name: Mr. Rahul Misra (HOD-EC)
E-mail I'd - firstname.lastname@example.org