Electronics & Communication may sound like two different disciplines but they go hand in hand as far as pace of modern technological era is concerned. It is one of the branches of engineering that finds its vital application in every technological aspect. It creates a path for making a bright career in an ever changing and expanding industry sector. The Department proclaims and dissipates necessary core competency of long term engineering and entrepreneurship by the design of underlying hardware & software systems of telecommunications and electronics sectors keeping abreast with the need of industrial visits and exposures for procuring and enriching pragmatic engineering knowledge. The syllabi of the department are riveted in such a frame that caters to the latest student centric learning methodologies so that they can excel in their profession. The state of art infrastructure and fully furnished classrooms and laboratories of the department carves out the best & congenial environment for learning.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
The value added courses help in boosting skills of students in designing electronic circuits at both hardware and software levels and enhancing their capability for providing strong foundation to analyze, synthesize and design engineering products, processes and systems as desired.
Our Value Added Courses are
• Compulsory workshops on latest technologies: Department conducts workshops on courses like MATLAB, IOT, and Robotics etc to enhance students technical skills to make pace with recent technological world.
• EEP (Employability Enhancement program) courses: this program is in-built with regular curriculum. This is of two types:
• The EEP-technical: This course is conducted along with regular curriculum. The syllabus of this course is based on competitive examinations like GATE. The EEP-technical course helps students to qualify GATE and various other PSU examinations.
• EEP-PD: This course helps to enhance the overall personality development of students by boosting their communication skills and enhancing their capacity in verbal and non-verbal Reasoning and Aptitude. This course is helpful to students in interviews and written examinations of various companies during campus placement drive.
• Guest lectures and hands-on trainings- provides the students to get equipped with inter-disciplinary skills, hence to exhibit the spirit of tolerance and understanding which is most essential for team work in multi- disciplinary environments
The department is enriched with various types of basic level and advanced level laboratories providing hands-on training and thus encouraging students to develop major and minor projects. The alumni of the department are well placed in core companies and MNCs.
Department has classified laboratories as follows:
Basic Labs :
• Electronics Device Lab
• PCB & Workshop Lab
• Digital Electronics Lab
• Electronic Circuits Lab
• Logic Design Lab
• Electronics Measurement Lab
• Integrated Circuit Lab
• OC & N Lab
• Control System Lab
• Microprocessors & Controller Lab
• Microwave & Antenna Lab
• Communication Lab I & II
• CAD of Electronics Lab
• Project Lab
EC Department organizes various extracurricular activities under the aegis of a Departmental forum named “Techroadies”. Such few activities are:
1. . Departmental Publication: The department publishes an annual magazine “Electronic Spectra”. All the articles of this magazine are written & edited by students only. This helps enhancing their writing and editing skills
2. “SPEEDS” The International seminar: Every year SMS Institute of Technology organizes two days international seminar ‘SPEEDS’. In this seminar,students are encouraged to present their research work on latest technologies.
3. Extracurricular Activities: Students on regular basis organize interdepartmental competitions like group discussion; debate etc. under the aegis of Departmental forum. This helps in overall growth of the students.
Name: Mr. Rahul Misra (HOD-EC)
E-mail I'd - email@example.com