The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) started in 2008 with vision of education poised with leading-edge innovation along with prominence on leadership and ethics. It offers four year undergraduate B.Tech program in Computer Science. It is having renowned full time faculties from the various institutions of repute that put emphasis on algorithms, theory as well as on practical. The graduates from the CSE department are profoundly employed as Software Engineer, Java Developer, Data Scientist, Network Programmer and Database Administrator etc. The department is committed to impart quality education with moral values that creates environment towards learning, educational success of students and also prepares them to shine in their occupations in progressively complex world. The mission of the department is to develop critical thinking, excellent analyzing and problem solving skills, strong characters and lifelong learning abilities of the students. Department has its own departmental library with rich collection of books.
The department met the quality expectations in all key areas:
• The setting and maintenance of the academic standards of awards.
• The enhancement of student learning opportunities.
• The strategic approach to the professional development of students which enhances their employability.
• The student’s feedback in various aspects.
VALUE ADDED PROGRAMS:
• Provides certification for CCNA through SMS CISCO Networking Academy.
• Students get familiar with cloud services using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps.
• Employability Enhancement Program (EEP) for all round improvement in personality and skills.
• Hand on training on advance courses like PHP, Python, Android, Ethical Hacking and IOT etc.
• Continuous guest lectures from academia and corporate world.
• Regular PPT presentations on current topics by the students.
• Mock interviews, seminars, webinars and workshops on various topics.
• Special focus on major and minor industrial projects
|YEAR||LAB NAME||TOOLS USED|
|II Year||Data Structure Using C Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Discrete Structure & Graph Theory Lab||Mapple|
|Digital Logic Design Lab||Digital Kits|
|Computer Organization & Architecture||Digital Kits|
|Operating System Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Python Lab||Python 3|
|Software Engineering Lab||SmartDraw|
|III Year||Web Technologies Lab||Java, Apache Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer|
|Database Management System Lab||Oracle, Mysql|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithm||Turbo C, DevC|
|Principle of Programming Languages Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Network Lab||Turbo C, DevC, GNS3|
|Compiler Design Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Graphics Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Data Mining & Warehousing Lab||Weka, Rapid Miner|
|IV Year||Distributed system Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Project Lab||Visual Studio, Local Web Servers,Java, Apache|
Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer, Matlab
• An Inter College Techno Cultural fest INGENUITY 2018 was successfully organized under the aegis of “Techno-warriors” (student forum of CSE Department since 2017) on 25th-26th April, 2018 at SMS Lucknow
• Guest Lecture on “Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics” on 3rd November, 2018.
• Department celebrated 10 years of excellence as well as children’s Day on 14th November 2018.On this occasion a workshop on Python, Ethical Hacking and a quiz completion was organized.
• Industrial visit to PNBIIT Lucknow and dial 100 was organized on 2nd November 2018 and 26th October 2018 respectively.
• Roots to Wings Workshop 2018 was attended by the CSE students in HCL Lucknow.
• Guest Lecture on “Information security in banking and job opportunity” was organized on 13th October 2018, delivered by Dr. Pramod Dixit, Deputy Director, PNBIIT Lucknow.
DR. HEMANT KUMAR SINGH
HOD, Deptt. of CS&E