The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) started in 2008 with vision of education poised with leading-edge innovation along with prominence on leadership and ethics. It offers four year undergraduate B.Tech program in Computer Science. It is having renowned full time faculties from the various institutions of repute that put emphasis on theory and practicals of Programming, Data Structures, Digital logics, Theoretical Computer Science, Algorithms, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Web Technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture etc. The graduates from the CSE department are profoundly employed as Software Engineer, Java Developer, Data Scientist, Network Programmer and Database Administrator etc. The department is committed to impart quality education with moral values that creates environment towards learning, educational success of students and also prepares them to shine in their occupations in progressively complex world. The mission of the department is to advance, evolve and enhance Computer Science and Engineering fundamentals to build the intellectual capital of the society and to develop critical thinking, excellent analyzing and problem solving skills among students. The department has its own library with rich collection of books.
The department has met the quality expectations in all key areas like:
• The setting and maintenance of the academic standards of awards.
• The enhancement of student learning opportunities.
• The strategic approach towards the professional development of students which enhances their employability.
• The student’s feedback in various aspects.
VALUE ADDED COURSES:
• The department provides certification for CCNA through SMS CISCO Networking Academy.
• Students get to know about cloud services using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps.
• Runs Employability Enhancement Program (EEP) for all around personality and soft-skill development
• Hands on training on advance courses like PHP, Python, Android, Ethical Hacking and IOT etc.
• Continuous guest lectures from academia and corporate world.
• Voluntary participation of students in regular Powerpoint presentations on current topics.
• Mock interviews, seminars, webinars and workshops on various topics.
• Special focus on major and minor industrial projects.
|YEAR||LAB NAME||TOOLS USED|
|II Year||Data Structure Using C Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Discrete Structure & Graph Theory Lab||Mapple|
|Digital Logic Design Lab||Digital Kits|
|Computer Organization & Architecture||Digital Kits|
|Operating System Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Python Lab||Python 3|
|Software Engineering Lab||SmartDraw|
|III Year||Web Technologies Lab||Java, Apache Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer|
|Database Management System Lab||Oracle, Mysql|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithm||Turbo C, DevC|
|Principle of Programming Languages Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Network Lab||Turbo C, DevC, GNS3|
|Compiler Design Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Computer Graphics Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Data Mining & Warehousing Lab||Weka, Rapid Miner|
|IV Year||Distributed system Lab||Turbo C, DevC|
|Project Lab||Visual Studio, Local Web Servers,Java, Apache|
Tomcat, Netbeans, Dreamviewer, Matlab
• An Inter College Techno Cultural fest INGENUITY 2018 was successfully organized under the aegis of “Techno-warriors” (student forum of CSE Department since 2017) on 25th-26th April, 2018 at SMS Lucknow
• Guest Lecture on “Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics” on 3rd November, 2018.
• Department celebrated 10 years of excellence as well as children’s Day on 14th November 2018.On this occasion a workshop on Python, Ethical Hacking and a quiz completion was organized.
• Industrial visit to PNBIIT Lucknow and dial 100 was organized on 2nd November 2018 and 26th October 2018 respectively.
• Roots to Wings Workshop 2018 was attended by the CSE students in HCL Lucknow.
• Guest Lecture on “Information security in banking and job opportunity” was organized on 13th October 2018, delivered by Dr. Pramod Dixit, Deputy Director, PNBIIT Lucknow.
DR. HEMANT KUMAR SINGH
HOD, Deptt. of CS&E