Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering students will learn about basic engineering techniques, as other engineering students, during first year course. These techniques include Engineering Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and Engineering drawing. from second year they are exposed to core computer science subjects like programming, data structures, Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture are few to mention.
This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies. As computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life. It created massive jobs for Computer Engineering students. On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive attracting many students to opt for higher studies. There are thousands of multinational and national software companies offer jobs to computer engineers. To name few famous, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, and Wipro. The generalized use of computers has increased the demand of computer technician in areas such as Finance, Energy, Medicine, Business-Management, Online Libraries, Cable Television, Electronic Mail, the new banking systems, traffic control etc.
The most frequent openings are:
- Civil Service
- Training and Teaching
- Freelance Work
- Programmer and Analyst
- Private Commercial Companies
- Private Industrial Companies
- Software Production Companies
- Technical Consultancy
- Computer Auditing
- Artificial Intelligence and new Technologies
- Analysis, Computer Management and Development Department
The tasks carried out by computer engineers can be included in two different areas: Analysis and Programming. Some of these tasks would be:
- Directing Software and Development teams.
- Directing and managing computer projects.
- Designing, Managing and Creating computer systems and management tools for companies.
- Starting business on the internet.
- Designing and managing local, external and internal connection computer networks.
- Designing and managing computer systems for industrial process control.
- Running Computer Department.
- Participating in research groups.
- Doing Infrastructure maintenance.
- Designing, selecting and evaluating the logics and computing infrastructure.
Computer applications analysis.
- Administrating advanced computer systems.
- Integrating systems.
- Managing and operating with information.
- Teaching computer related matter.
- List item
- List item