Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) In which year was the institute established?
SMS Lucknow was established in the year 2008. However, SMS Varanasi was established in 1995
2) What are the courses offered by SMS after 10th ?
SMS offers Diploma in Engineering in two branches namely, Civil & Mechanical (Production), approved by AICTE and affiliated to Board of Technical Education, UP.
3) What are the courses offered by SMS after passing 10+2 ?
There are several career options after intermediate β
1. BBA (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
2. BCA (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
3. B.Com (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
4. B.Com (H) (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
5. B.Tech (Affiliated to AKTU) offering branches β Civil/Mechanical/Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Electrical &Β Β Computer Science Engineering
6. B.Voc. (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
4) What are the Courses offered by SMS after Graduation?
The career options after Graduation are-
1. PGDM (Approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India) Area of specialization – (Marketing, HR & Finance) β Dual Specialization
2. MBA (Affiliated to AKTU)Area of Specialization β (Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Operations Management &International Business) β Major and Minor Specialization
5) What are the research (Ph.D) opportunities for students at SMS?
After completion of their PGDM course, SMS students are eligible to register for Ph.D at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and after MBA they may apply for Ph.D entrance at all universites .
6) Any other specialty of PGDM program?
Free foreign tour to each eligible students of PGDM is given for international exposure.
7) What are the total number of seats for the different courses?
1. PGDM- 60 Seats.
2. MBA β 60 Seats
3. B.Tech βCE (60 seats), ME (90 Seats), EC β (30 Seats), EN β (30 Seats),CS (60 Seats)
4. BBA β 60 Seats
5. BCA β 60 Seats
6. B.Com β 80 Seats
7. B.Com (H) β 60 seats
8. Diploma in Engineering – CE (60 Seats), ME (P) β (120 Seats)
8) How is the Placement Record of the Institute?
The well-established Placement Cell provides 100% placement assistance to all eligible students for final placements & summer trainings. Our students are employed with well-known organizations like Mother Dairy, Datamatics, ABG Group, Castrol, Luxor Writing Instruments, Compassites, HDFC, ICICI Securities etc.
9) Where can I get the Admission form for admission?
The forms can be bought from the college campus or city office. The addresses can be obtained from our college website www.smslucknow.com. Forms can also be downloaded from the websites.
10) What documents are required at the time of admission?
- Mark sheets of X & XII,
- Passing certificates of X & XII,
- Mark sheets of all semesters of graduation
- Date of birth proof
- Transfer Certificate/Migration
- Valid score of respective competitive exam
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate (for economical weaker)
11) What are the Hostel & Transportation Charges?
|HOSTEL AND OTHER CHARGES AT LUCKNOW CAMPUS|
|1.||Hostel Fees for Boys (Non-AC)||65,500 per annum|
|2.||Hostel Fees for Boys (AC)||90,500 per annum|
|3.||Hostel Fees for Girls||70,500 per annum|
|4.||Transportation for Day Scholar||18,000 per annum|
|5.||Security Money Hostel(Refundable)||2000|
12) Does SMS provide any scholarship to the students?
The institute provides scholarships at the time of admission and merit based scholarships for all courses for year topper.
13) Is any entrance test required for admission?
- For PGDM β Valid CAT/MAT/XAT/C-MAT scores are accepted or SMS Entrance Test
- For MBA β Qualifying scores of UPSEE/C-MAT are acceptedor SMS Entrance Test
- For B.TECH β Qualifying scores of UPSEE are acceptedor SMS Entrance Test
- For BBA/BCA/B.COM/B.Voc/B.COM(H) β SMS Entrance test is conductedor SMS Entrance Test
- For Diploma in Engineering β JEE CUP scores are accepted or SMS Entrance Test
14) What are international linkages of SMS?
SMS is having foreign collaboration with different universities and corporate houses worldwide viz., USA, Hungary, Singapore, Hongkong etc. for the purpose of student exchange, foreign industrial visits, joint research activities etc.
15) What is the rating of SMS College?
SMS Varanasi is A+++ Rated B- School & SMS Lucknow is A+++ Rated B- School as per Business India Survey.
16) Does SMS provides Educational Loan Facility?
SMS has tie up with Canara Bank for assisting the students in obtaining educational loans.