Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) In which year was the institute established?
SMS Lucknow was established in the year 2008. However, SMS Varanasi was established in 1995
2) What are the courses offered by SMS after 10th ?
SMS offers Diploma in engineering in two branches namely, Civil & Mechanical (Production), approved by Board of Technical Education, UP.
3) What are the courses offered by SMS after passing 10+2 ?
There are several career options after intermediate β
1. BBA (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
2. BCA (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
3. B.Com (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
4. B.Com (H) (Affiliated to University of Lucknow)
5. B.Tech (Affiliated to UPTU) offering branches – Civil/Mechanical/Electronic & Communication/Electronics & Electrical & Computer Science
4) What are the Courses offered by SMS after Graduation?
The career options after Graduation are-
1.Β PGDM (Approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India) Area of specialization – (Marketing, HR & Finance) β Dual Specialization
2. MBA (Affiliated to UPTU)Area of Specialization β ( Marketing, HR, Finance, IT & International Business) – Dual Specialization
3. MCA (Affiliated to UPTU) β**Available only in SMS, Varanasi Campus
Β 5) What are the research (Ph.D) opportunities for students at SMS?
After completion of their PGDM course, SMS students are eligible to register for Ph.D at Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
6) Whether Institute is offering laptop?
All PGDM students are provided with a laptop by the Institute.
7) What are the total number of seats for the different courses?
1. PGDM- 60 Seats.
2. MBA β 120 Seats
3. B.Tech βCE (120 seats), ME (120 Seats), EC β (60 Seats), EN β (60 Seats),CS (60 Seats)
4. BBA β 60 Seats
5. BCA β 60 Seats
6. B.Com β 80 Seats
7. B.Com (H) β 60 seats
8. Diploma in Engineering – CE (60 Seats), ME (P) β (60 Seats)
8) How is the Placement Record of the Institute?
The well-established Placement Cell provides 100% placement assistance to all eligible students for final placements & summer trainings. Our students are employed with well-known organizations like Mother Dairy, Datamatics, ABG Group, Castrol, Luxor Writing Instruments, Compassites, HDFC, ICICI Securities etc.
9) Where can I get the Admission form for admission?
The forms can be bought from the college campus or city office. The addresses can be obtained from our college website www.smslucknow.com. Forms can also be downloaded from the websites.
10) What documents are required at the time of admission?
Mark sheets of X & XII Passing certificates of X & XII Mark sheets of all semesters of graduation Date of birth proof Photographs
Valid CAT / MAT / XAT / CMAT Score Work experience certificate if any.
11) What are the Hostel & Transportation Charges?
12) Does SMS provide any scholarship to the students?
The institute provides scholarships at the time of admission and merit based scholarships for all courses for year topper.
13) Is any entrance test required for admission?
1. For PGDM β Valid CAT/MAT/XAT/C-MAT scores are accepted
2. For MBA β Qualifying scores of UPSEE/C-MAT are accepted
3. For B.TECH – β Qualifying scores of UPSEE are accepted
4. For BBA/BCA/B.COM/B.COM/B.COM(H)- SMS Entrance test is conducted
5. For DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING β JEE CUP scores are accepted.
14) What are international linkages of SMS?
SMS is having foreign collaboration with different universities and corporate houses worldwide viz., USA, Hungary, Singapore, Hongkong etc. for the purpose of student exchange, foreign industrial visits, joint research activities etc.
15) What is the rating of SMS College?
SMS Varanasi is A++ Rated B- School & SMS Lucknow is A+ Rated B- School as per Business India Survey.
16) Does SMS provides Educational Loan Facility?
SMS has tie up with Canara Bank for assisting the students in obtaining educational loans.